Abstracts should only be submitted in collaboration with a faculty mentor, who will be named on the abstract. Students may only present once during the symposium, and submission of only one abstract per study is permitted. For students working on a research team, the primary investigator is the only person who should submit the abstract and list the co-presenters. While all research collaborators may be listed on the abstract, research teams are limited to two presenters.
Abstracts must contain no more than 300 words and should summarize the background for your research, research hypothesis, methodology, the results you have obtained, and their significance. Judges will evaluate abstracts for conciseness and accuracy of the study. Students should format their citations in the format preferred by the student’s discipline.
Abstract document guidelines:
- Document Type: Microsoft Word Document
- Title: Centered, 14-Point Arial Font, Bold, Upper and Lower Case
- Authors’ Name(s): Centered, 12-Point Arial, Underline Presenting Author’s Name
- Affiliation(s): Centered, 12-Point Arial, Department(s) and Name of Institution(s)
- Abstract Text: One Double Space After Author(s), Left Justified, 12-Point Arial
- Word Limit: 300 Words or Less (excluding Title/Authors/Affiliations)
Have questions about constructing your abstract?
For any questions or concerns regarding abstract submissions, contact your faculty mentor/advisor.